The folks at Avocados From Mexico have just launched a new recipes section on their site “Recipes From Avocado Lovers” to give everyone who love avocados, the opportunity to upload their favorite avocado recipes, download ringtones, wallpapers and other fun items to show their avocado love and discover other fan favorite avocado recipes. (I’m personally very curious about the avocado ringtone. What is that exactly?)
I’ve established that I L-O-V-E avocados! I’m totally addicted to them. I’d been buying them until my CSA started up but now I can’t stop buying them. Do you love avocados? Then you will love the new Avocados From Mexico recipe website “Recipes From Avocado Lovers”, where you can submit your favorite avocado recipes and share your avocado love with with other people like you.
This recipe is one that I posted a couple years ago and I’m sharing it again because it’s so perfect. I’d forgetten all about it actually and it will help with my avocado addiction.
Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa
(from January/February 2008 issue of Everyday Food)
- 1 tsp each Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium.
- Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside.
- Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken topped with salsa.