This is my second month participating in the Foodie Pen Pal program. Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean developed this fun program and it’s grown to over 1,500 participants. It’s really too much fun to not do it. When I received my box of goodies it completely cheered up an otherwise lackluster day.
My package came from Krista at Cucina 49 from Alaska. Alaska!!! That’s really as far away as you can get from Massachusetts within the USA. Krista focused on what represented Alaska to her and since there is so much Asian influence most of the package had that theme:
- Dry-Roasted Edamame: I can’t believe it took me so long to try this delicious snack. These went straight to work with me and have become my mid-morning snack to get me through to lunch.
- Speckled Sushi Rice Blend: This is rice with quinoa. Haven’t tried it yet but I know I’m going to like it.
- Thai Tea: Black tea with spices and vanilla. Delicious!
- Chili Threads: One of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time. I’m tempted to garnish all my food with chili threads.
- Organic Pickled Sushi Ginger: This was the perfect little treat for me. Ginger is one of my most favorite things. I’ve already incorporated the pickled ginger into my Raw Broccoli Salad recipe.
- Coconut Curry Chocolate: My son was insistent on trying this spicy chocolate. He wasn’t a fan so that leaves the rest for me.
Many thanks to Krista for a wonderful pen pal package. I’ve already signed up for next month.
If you’re interested in joining the Foodie Pen Pals, visit The Lean Green Bean for all the details.