Here is an easy salad recipe for your next cookout. I brought this to a cookout today and the combination of the white beans, green peppers and mandarin oranges intrigued many people. I always consider a recipe a success when I take home an empty bowl.
White Bean – Green Pepper Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Chives
- 2 – 15 oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 – 11 oz. can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
Combine beans, bell pepper and chives in a large bowl. Strain the oranges, reserve the liquid from the can and add the oranges to the bean mixture. Transfer the reserved mandarin orange liquid to a small bowl. Whisk in the oil, vinegar and mustard. Pour over the bean mixture and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.