Here is another quick and easy recipe that I tore out of a magazine. It’s actually from an advertisement for Hellmann’s mayonnaise. Don’t tell them that I made this using Kraft mayo. My daughter had some money that required her to spend it immediately. She doesn’t understand how to save for stuff just yet. So on Monday we went to Target after she asked me about fifty times. We did pretty well there since she didn’t spend all her money and got four really cute toys. One was a Magic 8 Ball and it was only $1.74 which was thrilling to her. She decided to make all her decisions in the afternoon using the Magic 8 Ball so when she asked it “Am I going to try Mommy’s new chicken?” and the Magic 8 Ball said “Sure” there was no turning back. Hey, I’ll take any advantage I can get. Sure enough she tried this chicken and she liked it. It was a little too spicy for her and she asked for me to make it less spicy the next time I make it. My husband however does not want me to make it again. He was not a fan. My son ate a bowl of cereal.
Chipotle-Lime Chicken Skewers (from Hellmann’s)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (It says optional for this but as far as I’m concerned cilantro is always required)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper or 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed OR boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (I used chicken tenders)
Combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl; reserve 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture. Thread chicken on skewers, then brush with mayonnaise mixture. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 15 minutes prior to use.) Grill or broil chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve chicken skewers with reserved mayonnaise mixture.