I think that we’ve established that I love ginger in almost any form. Recently I was gifted some incredible honey ginger tea from Korea. I drank it hot even though it was 90 degrees and I think it might be true what they say about drinking a hot beverage on a hot day. Actually, I don’t remember what they say about that but it was refreshing anyway.
So, I was thinking about ginger and about how much I’m enjoying the candied ginger as a by-product of my homemade ginger ale and even though it’s great on top of granola or yogurt I should be using it in a more creative way. Hence the search of recipes that include candied ginger. I found some really tasty looking options and I’ll write about which one I eventually choose but until then I thought I would share my finding and let you choose for yourself.
Let me know if you try any of these and how it worked out.
- Candied Ginger and Egg Sliders: This combination is so intriguing to me. It just might prove that ginger goes with almost anything.
- Chocolate Chip & Candied Ginger Muffins: You can’t go wrong with chocolate and ginger. I like that this recipe also has oats in it.
- Candied Ginger Cookies: This recipe has both candied ginger and fresh ginger. I would make these all year round, not just for the holidays.
- Candied Ginger Zucchini Muffins: We love zucchini muffins around here and adding candied ginger would mix things up. Who couldn’t use another recipe that uses zucchini?
- Candied Ginger in Apple Pie: This is just a brilliant idea. I can’t wait to try it out this fall.
- Ginger Scones: I think this might be the perfect way to complement the flavor of candied ginger. I love scones.