The recipe for this salad is from the latest issue of Everyday Food magazine. Each time I receive a new issue I’m surprised with which recipes call to me. This one just seemed like a perfect summer side dish. I took a large container of it for lunch at work and felt bad for my cubicle neighbor as I crunched away on it at my desk. I didn’t feel bad enough to stop eating, just hyper-aware of how loud my lunch was that day.
Chopped Green Bean and Celery Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
(from Everyday Food magazine, July/August 2011 issue)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Add green beans and celery; toss to combine. Makes 4 servings.